This week my tip involves traveling with kids. When ever we are about in embark on a long journey, which to my kid involves anything longer than about 10 miles, but anyway, we head to the library first. But not just for books, which aren't usually allowed to travel for fear they won't come back. We go for books on tape or CD. We are lucky our van has both players. It has been wonderful. My children have listened to many stories that we haven't had the time to do as read alouds at home. Just a few have been:
- several Magic Tree House books by Mary Pope Osborne
- Ballett Shoes by Noel Streatfield
- the first Mrs. Piggle Wiggle book by Betty Mac Donald
- the orginal Little House books by Laura Ingalls Wilder
- we currently have The Railway Children by Edith Nesbit in our player
For other great tips visit Shannon over at Rocks In My Dryer.