My blog is the #1 hit when you Google the words "haircut style beth moore". Thank you I am flattered! But I don't have hair anywhere near Beth's. It wouldn't stay that high if you glued it straight up! I am also in serious need of a haircut myself.
Sunday, February 25, 2007
Thursday, February 15, 2007
I have read two posts in the past two days written by wives that were offended or upset at something that their husbands did or didn't do for Valentine's Day. Both of these ladies have been married for as long or longer than I have.
The only thing I could think of while reading them was something I learned very early in my marriage. You are NOT going to change your spouse. The ONLY person that can change your spouse (or anyone else for that matter) is GOD. MANY times I have prayed "God, please change him!" Only to have the prayer answered by Him changing ME. And you know I am the better for it.
I by no means have all the answers, I don't have very many. But that truth is one that has stuck out so much over the course of my marriage. Another is this Marriage is a pratnership of two working together -- It isn't a dictatorship written by only one person. For it to work both people have to work together.
Sorry I just had to get that off of my chest.
Posted by Maria at 2:51 PM
Tuesday, February 06, 2007
11. Why did you withdraw cash from the ATM the last time? I rarely use the actual ATM -- If I need cash I usually just get cash back when I do a debit purchase at the store - or cash a check at the bank
12. Who is the last baby that you held? I have no idea -- most likely our pastor's son but I don't actually remember holding him.
13. Do you know of any twins with rhyming names? none but my one of my SIL's twins name rhymes with her older sister's name does that count?
14. Do you like Cinnamon toothpaste? I haven't tried it but I do like Cinnamon candy so perhaps.
15. What kind of car were you driving 2 years ago? We had just got our mini-van
16. Pick one: Miami Hurricanes or Florida Gators? Between the two I'd have to go Gators after all they are SEC and national champions.
17. Last time you went to Six Flags? I guess high school --
18. Do you have any wallpaper in your house? It is all wall board -- standard mobile home issue.
19. Closest thing to you that is yellow? some yellow card stock.
20. Last person to give you a business card? the mom of one of my daughter's classmates when she went to a slumber party at her house.
Posted by Maria at 5:06 PM
I don't know what to do. I am home with the boys -- both are sick -- and I have a ton of things to do -- but am not sure where to start --
Well I HAVE started -- the kitchen is clean -- for the most part -- the floor still isn't -- but we don't eat off of the floor lol!
I have laundry to catch up on and the living room to clean -- I hope to get a lot of work done today around the trip to the doctor that I am sure is coming up -- as soon as the nurse calls me back.
One thing, however, I do know is that I won't get a lot done sitting here so I won't be here for long.
Posted by Maria at 8:09 AM