Sunday, December 10, 2006

December Declarations

Over at the Women at Home boards several of us have taken up the challenge to list a December Declaration for each day of the month.

The guidelines, set out by one of our dear ladies, Vicki, were as follows:

Let's change things a bit for December: each day state (declare) something positive. Declare a truth about God, yourself, your family, whatever . . . just make it a positive declaration.

Examples:

  • I am precious to God
  • I love my husband
  • Today is a beautiful day
  • I made a delicious meal tonight

The idea for December Declarations comes from Philippians 4:8, "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

So get out those Positive Thinking Caps, place them firmly on your sweet heads, and get prepared for a month of declarations.

The ones I have listed so far go like this:

  • I am fearfully and wonderfully made
  • I have a great husband, who isn't perfect, but is honest with me when he fails.
  • All Things will Work out for good for I love God and am called according to His purpose!
  • My God has everything under control.
  • I am a benefit and helpmate to my husband!
  • God has placed me in a WONDERFUL school, with WONDERFUL kids, parents and co-workers (yes they are ALL wonderful)
  • God has given me the victory over struggles and temptations!
  • My God is an AWESOME God!
  • I am blessed to have a small part in producing the Christmas musical that my daughter is singing in at the church where our school is located, and working with such talented adults, from whom I can learn so much.
  • God has blessed me with a unique beauty that is just right for ME!
There are the first 10 --

Who will join me?



No comments: