Sunday, July 09, 2006

Succulent Sunday

I love recipes and cookbooks. The thought of getting a new recipe or cookbook just delights me and so when I saw Stephanie Succulent Sunday post, I followed her link and found the host.

May I present my first offering to:


Succulent Sunday hosted by Reformed Mama.

I am one person that doesn't mind meatloaf. But many people in my family do so I didn't make it for a long time until I found this:

Sweet and Sour Meatloaf

2 lbs.. ground meat ( I have used beef, turkey and even venison for this)
1 small minced onion
1/4 c. Crumbled cracker crumbs ( I use dried bread crumbs from the freezer )
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper (I use both of these to taste - who measures salt and pepper anyway)
1 egg slightly beaten

Slightly mix the ingredients together.

Sauce:

1 (8oz) can tomato sauce
1 tsp prepared mustard (I use a squirt, again who measures)
1/4 c light brown sugar
1/4 c white vinegar

Stir sauce ingredients together. Mix well. Pour half of the sauce in that meat mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf. Put into a loaf pan, pure remaining sauce over the top of meat. Bake at 400* for 45 minutes.

This has been a hit with everybody I have served, even the non meatloaf people.

2 comments:

Monika @ Lovely Bookshelf said...

RYC: I kid you not -- if you can get us a church venue that will pay for our gas, lodge us w/families (or in the church itself) for 1 night, and allow us to have a donation basket at the concert, we will totally come to Arkansas and do a concert. WE LOVE TRAVELING! =)

Stephanie said...

This is almost EXACTLY like my meatloaf recipe that totally rocks. Yum. :)