Sunday, March 19, 2006

A LOT OF STUFF . . . .

is what you get when you add 33 years of marriage, 2 children, and 12 moves. Add to that a 95 pound yellow lab and add 2 sons-in-law and 4 grandchildren and you get a lot of help, sometimes weather you want it or not.

That, folks is what I have been doing the last few days, helping my parents move, for what they hope is the final time. Their things have been in storage for 6 months while awaiting their home to be finished and now, finally, they have been moved in. We helped to set up the bedrooms, changing them from mine and my sister's rooms to the girls' and boys' rooms. Decorated respectively with pink ballerinas and trucks, the extra bedrooms will now be home to the grandchildren.

Hubby spent two days hanging hardware in the bathrooms, putting up doorstops, hooking up washer and dryer and hanging blinds. My sister and I spent days unpacking kitchen and dining room boxes. We then sorted, with mom's help, things for storage, yardsale, and use and putting away things. My father, does not get rid of ANYTHING. We sorted through mugs and isulated cups hoping to pursuade him to part with some of the ones he hasn't seen or used since he last lived in Arkansas (11 years ago).

There are still MANY boxes in the garage. Many of which must go to the storage building out back. Others still that have my name on them. Those I must go through and take what I want and get rid of what I don't.

We are having a large joint yard/garge sale sometime this spring. I have a lot of things here at the house I am taking with me for that sale.

Anyway it is back to the weekly routine next week.

No comments: