Friday, March 03, 2006

Buts . . . .

Hubby was up and out of the house EARLY this morning. I had forgotten what those days are like. I woke up about every half hour after that promising I would be out of bed by 7 am. When I woke up shortly after 7, I started out by rolling over, snuggling under the covers some more, and justifying myself by saying "I'll use this as prayer time". I even started out my prayer with "I know this isn't really a prayer posture, but . . . . . . . " I started thinking of prayer postures and the symbolic humbling of oneself and in just a few minutes I was singing to myself "I'll be a living sacrifice to You" Well with those words on my lips, I was out of bed and into the shower. It was my sacrifice to get out of bed and spend some quiet time for ME and with the Lord. So I did. I was up ate breakfast and did my LBY homework as well as checked the MB, email, and bloglines before the kids were up.

Btw - What is the NAME of that song I was singing???

EDIT -- not sacrifice but sanctuary. Okay maybe I am a bit quirky . . . . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds VERY familiar Maria lol. I don't know the song - there was a living sacrifice song my sister sang years ago but I can't remember the name of it.

Anonymous said...

Lord prepare me
to be a sanctuary
pure and holy
tried and true
with thanksgiving
I'll be a living
sanctuary for you

Is that it?

~Angie