Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tackle-It-Tuesday

It has been a LONG time since I posted a Tackle-it-Tuesday project.  I would go look it up but I won't.  It would take too long.  But in my effort to get back into this blogging thing. I decided that several memes would get me started.  Besides with one of my goals this summer being to clean up and clean out I decided that my book project would be a great place to start.

I needed to move this stack of books away from the side of my bed.  You see there is a small space between the books and the bed.  That small space is left for the only.air.vent.in.the.room.  And as we lay in the stillness of the night my hubby asks,  "Is the vent covered?" At  least once a night, usually more.  I resolved today to do something about that.  I needed to get these books out of there.



But there was a small problem.  MY bookcase was already full.
 
 This is the bookshelf my grandfather made for a wedding gift to us.  It is already packed full, all three shelves are  two deep already.  And the top of it is out of the question.  There is no picture.  But trust me, it is packed full of hubby's stuff for work.  So I looked around and saw this!
Okay so it wasn't in this shape when I saw it.  I thought about "Tackle It" in the middle of the project.  I had already cleaned out and straightened  the four shelves.  The top two are already full and the bottom getting close to it.  But notice the middle area.  There is a shelf missing. One of the supports holding it is missing so I took it out. But I figured I could stack the books just as easily on that shelf.
 
So I did.  And notice the room left.  I could get more books there!!  Oh and the original problem........
 
That is what it looks like now.  You can also see my book stacked night stand. And in infamous air vent.
Oh and the added benefit?  This stack of books listed on my bookshelf @ Paperbackswap.
Oh and the added benefit



2 comments:

Kimmie said...

That looks like me and my books. Great tackle!

Danielle said...

Wow, I thought I had a lot of books. You surpassed me. I love paperbackswap! It has allowed me to get rid of books I never would have!
Check out my Tackle It Tuesday here.