Monday, June 08, 2009

99 Questions

Okay in an effort to get into this writing thing more I have decided I need a jump start.  So I am pulling up a link which I bookmarked quite a while ago.  99 Powerful Questions.  The title is longer than that but it is enough to satisfy my needs at the moment.  I don't know how often I will do these or how many I will do in a blog but, I will start with the top and work my way down for now.  So without further ado I will start with number one.

What do I want? That is a very good question indeed.  I can give you a laundry list of material wants but I won't go there, it isn't worth my time or yours.  I have some very strong emotional wants right now as well, but this is neither the time nor the place to get into those either.

What do I want?  I want to more fully understand who I am and who those around me are.  I want to be a blessing to those around me.  I want my children to grow up and understand themselves and to nuture their dreams and aspirations, not have them fit into my mold of who I think they should be.  Or have them feel they have to fit into some mold they think I have for them.  I want to be the person God created me to be and allow them the freedom to be the person God created each one of them to be.  That is what I want.  Now to just figure out what that is. 

No comments: