Friday, December 26, 2008

16 Things

This is the meme that is going around Facebook and I thought I'd give it a whirl. There is not alot that some of you don't already know about me. Some of you know more than is really good for me for you to know. Lol did that make sense? I guess what I am saying is if you know something that isn't on this list you better keep that wonderful knowledge to yourself.........you know who you are.....

And for that matter why 16 things? Is that some OCD number or something? It sure isn't very round or anything. But any way here goes...........

1. I still have one of the blankets I slept with as a child. It has a nice rough edge to it, much like the hem on your jeans. That rough edge is soothing to me. Don't ask my why but it just is.

2. On that note I have this "thing' about textures. There are several foods that I just can't stand to eat because of the texture - bananas and oranges are two of them.

3. Touch is my primary love language, as well as my primary sense (is there such a thing?) and my primary learning style. I have to be able to manipulate things, physically write them down in order to be able to remember them.

4. I decided I wanted to be a teacher when I was six years old. I decided at that young age that girls could either be nurses or teachers and I didn't want to be a nurse. From that humble beginning the desire to be a teacher was born and I can honestly say that I never wanted to be anything else. I love what I do and am constantly working to improve my craft. Hence

5. I am working on a Master's degree in education. Not earth shattering news by any means. But I am doing it online totally because at this time I can't commit to going to class because of hubby's work schedule.

6. I am married to the most amazing man. He is rough around the edges to many, but I can honestly say that God chose him for me.

7. I have learned more about myself in the last 4 years than in the first 30 combined. Yeah you can add that up to get my age. Who knew that turning 30 would begin and education about myself.

8. Growing up I always thought I would marry and live in my hometown, it never occurred to me that something different might happen.

9. I was and still am to some extent all about tradition. My dad was in the band and played the cornet. So that is what I did. I even played his cornet. for 7 years. I loved band. I loved the camaraderie I felt in band. I wasn't very good, however, I kept the third trumpet section well manned. But that was okay with me.

10. I did however, and I can't believe I am actually writing this now, have a huge crush on the first chair trumpet. I didn't talk about it much to anybody, It was bad enough when people in my class found out about my first big crush on another trumpet player. I wasn't about to let *this* secret escape.

11. Enough about high school, My original major in college was Social Studies w/ History emphasis. And an English minor. I was going for dual certification to teach. The semester I had 14 different papers to write for my classes, I changed my major to Early Childhood Education. That only put me a semester behind in graduating. I also have enough hours to have middle school social studies and English on my certificate.

12. I just realized the my teaching certificate expires in 7 days. Must start on the renewal process after the first of the year.

13. I have 3 children, 2 of which are boys, I never ever dreamed I would have boys, or that I could love them so much. I always thought of having 4 children. We will just have to wait and see on that last one.

14. I collect Nativities. At the moment I have 26 out and that is about half of them. There are also three or four on the tree as ornaments.

15. My favorite Christmas Carol is "O Come All Ye Faithful". I just figured that out this year.

16. I like to write, I discovered this in high school, not in the last 4 years. I have a dream of writing curriculum one day.

No comments: