Sunday, December 21, 2008

1. Hot Chocolate or apple cider?
Hot Apple Cider
2. Turkey or Ham?
We actually have done both - holiday dinners are not the same without my mom's dressing which requires bird meat, though it is usually chicken. But a ham is usually cooked for the main meat.

3. Do you get a fake or real-you-cut-it-yourself Christmas tree?
We have a fake tree. We have been given several hand me downs over the years for various reasons but we got our own brand new tree last year. As for live trees read THIS to know why I don't want a live one.

4. Decorations on the outside of your house?
No but I love them. We go looking every year, and growing up my neighborhood always won awards for our decorations. I want to get a nativity scene for the yard some time..

5. Snowball fights or sleddin'?
Neither ... I prefer to be on the couch, reading. :)

6. Do you enjoy going downtown shopping?
Without children I love it! With children the internet is my friend.

7. Favorite Christmas song?
O Come All Ye Faithful

8. How do you feel about Christmas movies?
Love.Them. The kids saw the Charlie Brown Christmas for the first time this year.

9. When is it too early to start listening to Christmas music?
any time before November.

10. Stockings before or after presents?
First thing, please! But that isn't a fair answer either. Christmas with my family does family gifts on Christmas Eve so stocking and Santa gifts are the only thing for Christmas morning.

11. Carolers, do you or do you not watch and listen to them?
Um, we don't have any usually. But, I would listen if they came by. :)

12. Go to someone else's house or they come to you?
We typically go, swapping out between my parents and Hubby's mom's

13. Do you read the Christmas Story? If so when?
Christmas Eve, if we don't hear it at church that night.

14. What do you do after presents and dinner?
Relax. :)

15. What is your favorite holiday smell?
Apples and Cinnamon

16. Ice skating or walking around the mall?
Neither. See #5 re: curling up on the couch. :)

17. Do you open a present or presents on Christmas Eve, or wait until Christmas day?
Depends on the family we are with. see #10 for my family, Hubby's family all presents on Christmas Day.
18. Favorite Christmas memory?
I have many

19. Favorite Part about winter?
The cold. I am not a hot-weather person so this extra-cold winter has been WONDERFUL for me. :)

20. Ever been kissed under mistletoe?
Not until this year. We have a ball of fake mistletoe hanging from the ceiling fan in the living room. Hubby regularly catches opportune moments. :-)


No comments: