Sunday, February 01, 2009

Sunday Evening Ramblings

Had a good Sunday today.  We got a call this morning that my SIL's c-section was going to be this afternoon, so we decided to take a trip west to see her and baby, (and BIL) after church.  We decided that we really couldn't NOT go to church on such short notice, seeing how we teach half of the Sunday School classes.  It turned out to be a good thing because I wound up having the teens in my class as well b/c Capt R. was out sick today.   I also actually got to hear the sermon today as well.  Capt B. preached on Joshua 7, Achan's sin.  That is the third time, in the third different context that I have come across that story since Christmas.  I taught it in Bible to my second graders.  I read about it in a Charles Swindoll book, and now I have heard it in a sermon. I am trying to figure out what God is trying to tell me in all this.

After that we made the trip to see the baby.  She is a precious bundle of joy.  Caylee Jordan Johnson, arrived one day before her daddy's birthday and less than a month before her mother's.  We also were able to see my nephew ( baby's big brother) and my youngest BIL, my MIL, and her housemate Ms Edna. It was a quick trip but we enjoyed it!

Now I still have to do the paperwork that I was planning on doing today, but it isn't absolutely necessary that it be done before tomorrow.  I will get it done sometime probably on Tuesday, since tomorrow is Bball practice.  That kills my Monday. 

Since I don't want to end this blog on a downer such as that last statement, though it is true.  I will leave you with this mini testimony I made while introducing the congregational hymn I was leading in service today.  Another reason I am glad that we stayed for church.  They hymn was Solid Rock - or My Hope is Built on Nothing Less - whichever name you choose.  The chorus goes like this.  "On Christ the solid rock I stand, All other ground is sinking sand"  Several years ago God used those lines to impress on me the fact that this not only meant wheat I believed about Him, but also what I believed about myself.  Was I believing the words He said about me, "I am fearfully and wonderfully made..." etc or was I believing the lies that the enemy whispers in my ear.  When I start to believe those lies, I sink faster and faster into depression.  So I should stand on what He tells me.  I know, I know, I don't always but I am trying.

No comments: